Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Clarification

I was a little frustrated the other night about my post "Unanswered prayers?" because it wasn't really coming out like I had envisioned. The problem I realized was that I hadn't found a satisfactory example of a common kind of prayer that gets answered but we fail to see God's hand in it. Well I thought of one! Illness. How often do we pray that we (or someone we know) recover from this or that illness. Maybe in our mind we're envisioning God answering this prayer by miraculously healing them at that very moment. But more often than not it takes time and, God willing, we (or they) do recover. The problem I see is the time frame. Because many illnesses take long periods of time to be be cured, by the time we're "healed" we attribute to just that, time. Do you see where I'm going with this? We prayed for healing and we got it, right? Well then praise God! Sure it took a little longer than we anticipated but that doesn't mean that God was any less involved in the healing. There, now I'm happy with it.

No comments: